Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is your pharmacy located?
We are conveniently located in St. Matthews at 3922 Willis Avenue, Louisville, KY 40207.
- Why was my prescription sent to you instead of my local pharmacy?
Many times, your physician will send your medication to our pharmacy because we have a highly trained pharmacy staff that have developed the tools to process rare and expensive medications.
As an independent pharmacy we can spend the necessary time it takes to work out the complexities of billing your insurance appropriately.
In turn, these factors allow for the lowest copays possible and improved care for you.
- I don’t live close to the pharmacy, will this be a problem?
No problem at all! We will process your prescription and ensure that it is delivered to your residence. For those who are outside of our delivery range, limited prescription mailing options are available. This is a free of charge service available to Kentucky and Indiana residents. Non-prescription items can be mailed anywhere in the country.
- What is the best number to get ahold of someone in the pharmacy?
Our phone number is 502-690-4462.
- How to determine if the pharmacy is in or out of Insurance/PBM network?
Our Pharmacy is contracted with all the main insurers and benefits vary from patient to patient according to their chosen prescription benefit plan. You can call your insurer to verify eligibility or call our specialty care to determine your network status at 1-844-690-4462.
- How to obtain a medication that is not available through St. Matthews Community Pharmacy?
If insurance or PBM requires the medication to be filled at a specific pharmacy, we will complete all necessary information and transfer the prescription to the designated pharmacy. We will contact the provider and patient to let them know where the prescription was transferred.
- What services do you offer?
We offer: Custom compounding, medication packaging and organization, prescription medication delivery, concierge service, preventative health screenings, vaccines and integrative pharmacy services.
For a more detailed list, see this page on our website.
- Will you bill my prescription through my insurance?
Yes, we will also coordinate with your insurance company and physician. Our goal is to make sure we can get your prescription filled at the lowest cost to you. If manufacturer coupons are available, we will do our best to apply them.
- What is a "prior authorization" and how long does the process take?
Insurance companies may require a prior authorization for certain medications if they are high-cost or a non-preferred product on your insurance plan. This means the insurance company needs additional documentation as to why the medication is necessary for the patient before they will authorize the prescription. If this is the case, we will be happy to work with your insurance company to provide any information they might need.
The process of acquiring a prior authorization can take 2-5 days depending on the insurance company.
- Can I still pick up my prescriptions in person?
Yes. We are always happy to see our patients!
- Can I order refills and manage my prescriptions online?
Yes. Please see this link to the refill page.
You will have to register and login to use the online refill service.
- Can I set up for my prescription to be refilled automatically?
Yes you can, but only if the price remains the same. We will always reach out to you in the event of a co-pay change to make you aware.
- What are your hours of operation?
- My address has changed, how do I update my profile?
The best way to change any of your personal information on your account is to simply give us a call and speak with one of our pharmacy technicians. They are here to help you! 502-690-4462.
- How long will it take to get my prescription delivered to me?
Local deliveries are made on a case by case basis and can be arranged over the phone. Prescriptions that are sent via USPS mail generally arrive within 2-4 business days.
- How do I speak with a pharmacist if I have additional questions?
Just give us a call! Our pharmacists are here to help you and answer all the questions you might have.
- What if I can’t afford my medication?
We will work closely with your insurance company and physician to find a solution in the event the medication is too expensive.
- My insurance paid some or more towards my medication last year. Why has that changed?
Many times, insurance policies including coverage, preferred medications and copays change at the turn of the calendar year. The most accurate information regarding this question will come directly from your insurance company and may include many factors. We are happy to work with you, your insurance company and your physician to find the most effective and affordable solution for you.